MUSIC LESSONS, ART & DANCE CLASSES
CHOOSE YOUR PASSION:
SUMMER CAMP 2015
MOMMY & ME CLASS
Are We the Right Arts School for You?
Since 2009 we have helped hundreds of students begin and continue on their artistic journey. We are one of the largest performing arts schools in Miami, and the only one offering such a variety of classes under one roof. We know you are busy and understand the challenge of finding the right school for you or your child. That is why we go above and beyond to find the best music, art, and dance teachers in the Miami area, so you don't have to.
While you are researching the best school for you, consider the benefits of becoming a Miami Fine Arts Academy student and find out why we are the best choice for music, art, and dance lessons in Miami!
12 BENEFITS OF BECOMING A MIAMI FINE ARTS ACADEMY STUDENT:
- Highly qualified teachers. We are very selective in hiring the most effective and competent teachers in the field. We strive to provide the same level of high quality education that we would want for our own children. Our teaching methods are student centered, and are focused on individual learning styles and personal artistic goals. Our school offers professional development Workshops and Seminars to further advance our teachers’ professional qualifications. Our teachers come from all over the world. With various teaching and cultural backgrounds, we are confident that we have the right teacher to meet your needs.
- Effective teaching method for beginners, starting as early as 3-5 years old. With over 25 teachers at the Academy, only a select few are assigned to evaluate our young beginners for readiness for arts instruction. With the right teacher and effective method, our young beginners are set on the right path to develop a life-long relationship with a musical instrument, paint brush, or dance floor.
- Multiple family members can take lessons in ONE location. Our busy families with multiple kids and hectic schedules enjoy the convenience of having their children taking different lessons at the same time in one location.
- A comfortable lounge for our clients. Instead of waiting in a retail showroom or reception area, our clients enjoy a cozy room with comfortable seating, cable TV, fun toys, free Wi-Fi, and interesting books and magazines.
- Month-to-month lessons without lengthy contracts. Our Academy does not require long-term commitments for any of our lesson programs. With month-to-month tuition, our students are able to evaluate their progress and have a more satisfactory learning experience.
- Beautiful, secure, and well equipped facility. Our modern facility is equipped with everything your need for individual and group classes. From Steinway and Sons designed pianos to our O'Mara Sprung dance floor, we strive to provide our students with the best tools of the trade through research and partnership with prominent vendors. The safety of our students is important to us. To access the facility beyond the lobby, a keypad code is required, and there is high-definition video surveillance covering the entire facility.
- Convenience of having all the educational supplies and materials at hand. A wide selection of sheet music, lesson books, musical instruments, dance apparel and art supplies are available for purchase in our retail store. We save our customers' time and money in avoiding driving around or ordering online in search for the right educational supplies. Our retail store is always well stocked, and we offer competitive pricing and periodic sales.
- Multiple free opportunities for our students to showcase their talents and accomplishments. Throughout the year, we organize various theme recitals, and all of them are free of charge to our students. Many of them are unique, such as our Ensemble Festival, and have become a welcome tradition at Miami Fine Arts Academy. We rent beautiful concert venues, such as Gusman Hall at the University of Miami, Coral Gables Country Club, etc..
- Professional, friendly office staff available to assist you during all teaching hours, six days a week. Whether you are a prospective or our current student, our highly trained office staff is there to provide you with excellent customer service.
- A wide range of lesson times available. To accommodate your busy schedules, we are open from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM weekdays, and 8:30 AM to 6:00 PM on Saturdays.
- Convenient location and covered parking garage. Our school is a short drive from Coral Gables, Coconut Grove, Brickell, and Downtown Miami. Our executive building has a covered parking garage (parking fees apply), and there is also on street parking available.
- Free Master Classes. Every now and then, we host renowned performing artists and scholars to further enhance our students' educational experience to teach free master classes open to all of our students.
8 BENEFITS OF TAKING MUSIC CLASSES AT A PROFESSIONAL SCHOOL:
- Teacher Qualifications. Professional music schools, such as Miami Fine Arts Academy, attract the finest teachers mainly because a school like ours cultivates a great learning and teaching environment. Furthermore, we often provide teachers with an opportunity for professional growth by organizing and sponsoring Educational Workshops and Seminars. Overall, a professional music school is designed to provide students with an excellent music education. Teachers who are not associated with top-notch music schools due to their lack of experience or education, lack of facilities, lack of expertise and lack of success with their students are often those who are willing to drive to students' homes. It’s not always the case, but in general, a teacher willing to drive to your home, will not be as highly experienced and skilled than those in a professional music school.
- Great Energy and Sense of Community. Students are often more motivated by observing other students’ learn in a professional music school environment. Peer pressure, in the best sense of the term, is in play when students participate in rehearsals and share their practicing experience. Our Group Classes are also an excellent opportunity for our students to get to know each other and meet other teachers they normally do not see on a regular basis. When students play for each other in preparation for recitals and for class performances, there is a sense of purpose in being prepared for their class. Even just sitting and waiting for their lesson to begin, the students see and hear others coming and going and get caught up in the energy of the professional environment.
- Professional Tools of the Trade. Professional music schools provide students with an environment conducive to learning. With fine instruments, equipment, and supplies, attentive teachers and well-equipped classrooms, students can truly focus on learning. There are no distractions at a music school; whereas at the student’s home the students are subjected to the phone ringing, the dog barking, the TV blaring in the background, not to mention other family members’ talking and interrupting. At home, the teacher might not have all the necessary resources with them to further enrich student’s learning experience and target his individual learning styles (such as floor mats, metronome, sheet music, etc.). There is no white board, projector, copy machine, foot rest, music stand, bench cushion, and sometimes, a less than desirable-quality instrument in the home. For many students, their only opportunity to play on a fine grand piano or to sing on-stage is when they come to a school like Miami Fine Arts Academy.
- Performance Opportunities. Performances are important milestones for the developing student musician. Having access to a performing hall with a stage, lights, sound equipment, and fine instruments is necessary for students to have strong preparatory experiences. Rental of professional halls is expensive, and it requires liability insurance, which professional institutions are required to have. This is why the students, who come to a professional music school, will have more realistic performing experience playing on a professional stage, the kind of experience they often dream of when watching American Idol or their favorite performer on YouTube. And, of course, performing on a real stage simply cannot be compared to performing at a local church. Furthermore, Miami Fine Arts Academy has earned its respect in the community by volunteering its services and providing it members with a quality music education; as a result, we have built special relationships with many local businesses, concert halls and are proud to be partnering with legendary piano manufacturers, Steinway & Sons. Recitals and showcases are special events for family and friends to celebrate the progress that has been made and for the student to take pride in their accomplishments. This is why we schedule our frequent yearly traditional events and recitals, such as Halloween Carnival, Ensemble Festival, Annual Recital, and more; whereas, piano studios, in many cases, would have only one yearly recital.
- Readiness to Learn. There is often a subtle, but clear transformation of the student preparing himself for learning during the drive from home or school to the professional music school. He knows he’s going somewhere for the purpose of learning. He knows he needs to be prepared. He knows he will be asked to participate and perform. The student who goes to the professional music school will be more alert, more attentive and more respectful. Teachers who go to students’ homes often report lack of concentration on the student’s part and not being mentally geared for learning, as well as the general chaos of the learning environment.
- Scheduling and Billing. A professional music school takes care of billing and scheduling so that the teachers can focus only on what they do best – teaching. Musicians are stereotypically uncomfortable with the business aspect of music lessons. Most teachers are relieved not to have this responsibility when they can finally work for a music school instead of having to deal with the student or their parents directly on this matter. At Miami Fine Arts Academy, students, parents, and teachers love our automated billing system, especially because it enables all of us to focus on the things that matter the most: our students and their music progress.
- Future Advancement. Children need strong resumes to gain entrance to high-level universities. Students who have taken their lessons in a professional music school will be much more highly recognized than those who study in their homes.
- Professional vs. Amateur. Students simply do better in a professional environment. You wouldn’t just let anyone cut your hair; you would go to a professional hair salon that provides you with a great customer service and experience worth your time and investment. The same applies to our children. Making the extra effort will give you and/or your child the best learning experience possible, and it would be overall a wiser investment, both financial and personal. Call Miami Fine Arts Academy at 786.464.0566 to find out how we can further enrich your and your child’s educational experience at our school.
THE 1 BENEFIT OF TAKING MUSIC CLASSES AT HOME:
- Parents do not have to travel to a music school.
LICENSED PROGRAMS EXCLUSIVE TO MIAMI FINE ARTS ACADEMY:
KIDZROCK! BAND CLASS AND ANGELINA BALLERINA
PURCHASE A GIFT CARD
Looking for a gift idea? Give the gift of music to a loved one. Gift cards are redeemable towards classes and merchandize.
BROWSE OUR STORE
We carry a wide variety of sheet music titles, dance apparel, and musical instruments for sale.